Some reasons why I’ve chosen micro.blog:
- Doesn’t sell my information
- Guards its community against harassment
- Purely chronological feed; no “curating” algorithms
- Discourages insidious clout-chasing behaviors by omitting “likes” or follower stats
- Cross-posts to other platforms (Bluesky, Tumblr, etc.)
Hell yes! I’ll happily pay $5/month for that.
As someone who started writing on the internet four years before Facebook existed, then owned and operated a popular songwriting blog for 12+ years, I’m excited to return to an independent means of posting and reading where I’m in control of my own info. This feels familiar and refreshing all at the same time.
If you’re new to indie blogging, try it! You might find it a refreshing change of pace. Let’s bring back blogs.
Thursday August 31, 2023